Saturday 7 April 2012

Stop Start Aniamtion

An American Werewolf In London


My first attempt at Stop Start, I made this about a year ago late one night using a pad of A3 paper,a table lamp, my camera and my beloved lego figures.
I find it easiest using Stopstart aniamtion than anything else.
I find that with Lego I can grab a handful from the box, lay them out and make a story with the random characters I've selected. it's easy to swap hair/face/clothes with Lego to. The face of the Werewolf is to begin with a hun, then a weighlifter(with sweat) and finally the Werewolf. So easy!
Lego almost makes the story for you.
I enjoyed drawing the 'set' too. Drawing is my specalism and the best part of this project was using paper to cover up old drawings to create the 'open cell' or 'smashed wall'. I love the fact there's a new window with the moon showing after the moon rises. It's so subtle but it just helps :)
This isn't really a copy of any Werewolf film, maybe more of the1941 Wolfman with Lon Chaney Jr than anything and maybe the 2010 remake with the whole mental asylum.
It's only set in London so I could draw some awesome scenery later, I just love the title :)

No comments:

Post a Comment